Saturday, January 24, 2009

Churchill

We couldn't call him Hitler, but that's the first thing you think when you see him because of his black mustache. But his personality is definitely not Hitleresque. His nickname is Pigpen because no matter how much you brush his fur, he just seems to be having a bad hair day! We try not to let him hear us call him that because he is such a good boy. When you pick him up, there's not a lot there, but he has such a good heart! He loves all the other cats, but his first love is canned food. Our guess is that he didn't get much food at all in his previous life, but it sure hasn't made him hold a grudge. Churchill was shot in the foot by his former owner's son, and it didn't make much difference to anybody in the family that he was suffering. After some surgery, he is doing wonderful, and we can't wait till someone falls in love with him. He likes to watch all the activity, but you have to wonder what he thinks about it all...
Pigpen. I know that's what they call me. They think I don't hear them, but how can I not? They're so loud! But I don't care what they call me as long as they keep that good food coming. I have to hurry up and eat mine or that big lunk Rudolph will come and try to take all the food. He puts that big paw on my face and pushes me away. If that doesn't work, he slides a sneaky foot into my bowl and pulls it toward him. They all think I'm the glutton, but it's Rudolph. In fact, he's the root of all evil here. He's the reason they can never find the rugs when they come in. Because of him, all the toys are under things or lost, and nobody gets to play with them. He hogs the cat trees. Attention: Everything in here does NOT belong to Rudolph! And that Menow. He's got everybody fooled. He's always after Paisley, and he's rude about it. He calls her "that fat torti." I just try to stay out of the way and not cause trouble. I have to say, though, I do like my perch in the sun. That is until Rudolph lands on top of me. But, this is a great place because everybody is good to me. My foot feels so much better, and I don't ever have to worry about being shot at again. Life is good even with Rudolph.

No comments:

Post a Comment