Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rudolph: Our First Rescue

He came right before Christmas, hence the name. He had been at animal control since August living in a small cage, wondering, I'm sure, if this was what the rest of his life would be like. Now, picture this young boy dashing madly from room to room, careening around corners, jumping for the furniture, missing, and never missing a beat! If happiness can be seen in behavior, then Rudolph is joy in action. He "helps" you do everything from cleaning litter boxes, to fixing food, to caring for other kitties, to... well, you get the idea: Rudolph is involved. I was trying to take a picture the other day of another foster, and Rudolph was climbing all over my head, kissing me in the face, flopping over in front of me, dragging himself up my leg. He adores other cats, loves every toy he sees, claims all furniture and cat trees for himself (but is willing to share), and follows you around like a dog. We keep trying to put some weight on him, but he has a lesson for us all: exercise keeps you slim and trim! One thing is a little puzzling: he is terrified of men. When a man comes in, he hides, and believe me, this is not like Rudolph. We wonder what happened to create this fear...
Hi, I'm Rudolph! My story may not have had a happy beginning, but it's got a great ending! I was abandoned at a kill shelter, and I don't know why. I lived there for what seemed like an eternity, but life is good, good, good! There are all kinds of other kitties here to play with, well, sometimes they don't want to play with me, but I keep trying! There were two kittens here, and oh my! What fun we had! They're gone now, but surely they'll be back. We have these rug things in here, and let me tell you, they are the very best sleds ever! You can slide clear across the room. Oh, and there's this house thing that if I run really fast and dive through the door, it will go scooting across the floor with me in it! How cool is that? My mamas say I'm busy, but I just have a lot of lost time to make up for. There are things to explore, cats to aggravate, people to love, food to eat and eat and eat, birds to watch, toys to play with, and a great big world just waiting for me! While I wait for my forever family, I'm a happy, happy boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment