Monday, July 6, 2009

The Aliens Introduced!

"Attention everyone! Attention! It is time to have a look at some of our newest additions. From now on, it is important that they are not referred to as "The Aliens." That is offensive and hurts their feelings."
"Armand, what do you know? The Mom People refer to them as "Spiderlings." Which is worse? I'd rather be an alien rather than a spider!"
"Jackson, we will NOT stoop to the level of the humans! Aliens, Spiders! No, they must be referred to by name, as we all are. Henceforth, they will be called by their proper names."
"Armand, you are so pompous! You don't even know their names, do you? No matter what you say, they look strange. So what if they are aliens? How cool is that?"
"Tia, I am not pompous. I am just concerned for the feelings of the ali.. excuse me, new arrivals. I would not be so crass as to hurt their feelings."
"Forget their feelings - what about their EARS? Who put those ears on those things? Do you think they can hear a mouse squeak in the next county?"
"Jackson, that is so rude! Yes, their ears are a little oversized, true, but they are so friendly and sociable. You know, they're all going to get homes before we do. Everybody wants the cute little ones, and in this case, the strange little ones, but nobody seems to want us. Do you know that I've never had my own special person to love me? I think that would be the best thing ever!"
"Liza, please don't be sad! Someone is out there right now looking for you, and they'll find you one day. Just remember, Piper got a home, so you will, too. Okay, maybe those aliens (shut up Armand! I can call them that if I want to!) will be snapped up in a second, but we will too someday. Now, let's go look at at those ali... excuse me, "new arrivals."
"We are only meeting two today - Chaco and Starburst. Cobalt and Avalon are being a little shy. So, be nice everyone. DON"T call them aliens! And don't mention the big ears!"

No comments:

Post a Comment