Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sneakin' Around Gets You in Trouble! by Rudolph

"Okay, I've about had it around here! Do you know that I spent the whole night on the shelf in the bathroom because that new Siamese Mama Cat is just about the meanest and scariest thing I've ever seen? I don't care what ANY of you say - she can whip us all and at the same time! That was the worst night of my life, and I don't mean maybe. "
"Well, Rudolph, you're the one that snuck in there and hid. You got what you deserved. It's hard to feel sorry for you."
"Thanks, George. I appreciate your support. How was I to know it was another of those Mama Cats? Yeah, I knew it was a cat 'cause she came out and met me, but when I went in there, it was all different. Whew! I thought I was done for. That's the closet I've ever come to, uh, well, you know, being an angel kitty."
"Rudolph's a wimp! Rudolph's a wimp! He's afraid of girlie cats! He's afraid of girlie cats!"
"I don't care what you call me, Astro. You go in there and see what happens to you. You got rolled out here in the big room; I had to spend the whole night with that wicked woman. I'm lucky I'm still alive."
"Did you even introduce yourself to her, Rudolph, or did you just go barreling in like you usually do? You have no manners sometime."
"Introduce myself? Are you nuts? I was too busy trying to climb the wall or hang from the ceiling to get away from her! I tell you, she's a wicked, wicked woman!"
"Rudolph, she's not a "woman." She's just a young girl with babies of her own. Six of them! She probably thought you came to hurt them."
"Well, I know who got hurt, and it wasn't the babies. Do you know that I had to sleep all day just to get over the trauma? Ain't goin' back in there, no how, no way. I'm through with these mama cats."
"Rudolph, you have to admit it was your fault for being so sneaky. Did you get to see the kittens? What do they look like?"
"Rats! More rats! There are three white ones that are Siamese like her, two gray ones, and one that looks like Taffy. Just what we don't need! More rats! This place is over run with them. Let's tell Mom People enough is enough!"
"Well, they do need to be saved. After all, we all came from the same place, and it the Mom People hadn't saved us, we wouldn't be here. So, don't you think it's selfish to not be glad they were saved?"
"Okay, Saint George. Yes, they needed to be saved, but you go spend a night with a Mama Cat and see what you think. I don't care how big you are, you would be toast, just like the rest of us who have faced a Mama Cat. Public Enemy #1 in this house is Mama Cats! All in favor, raise your paw! All opposed - I didn't think so. It's done. Mama Cats are declared scary and to be avoided at all costs."

No comments:

Post a Comment