Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Camille Finds a Home - Jealousy Rules!

"Hey guys! Guess what? Camille found a home! She left yesterday with her new mom. Isn't that wonderful?"
"George! Are you serious? That's fabulous! I have to admit though, I'm jealous."
"Taffy, just hang on. Your turn will come. Someone is bound to see you and know you are just the perfect cat for them."
"What about you, George? Aren't you just a little sad that no one has shown up and wanted you and Henry?"
"No, we'll be okay. I just keep my spirits up by remembering that I have been lucky for nine years when sometimes kitties don't get even half that. Me and Henry were two of the lucky ones, and I know that we will get lucky again. We just have to wait for that special someone to come along that wants two BIG black and white boys. Until then, I'll be patient."
"Well, I've never had a home of my own, so I'm jealous. I wonder why no one ever wants me? Do you really think I'll get a real home someday, George? You always seem so sure."
"Guys, don't let it get you down. You are as special as any cat here. You'll see. There might be somebody right now reading about you Taffy, and you, Rudolph, and the next thing you know, you'll be heading off to a new home. Even Menow has someone interested in him, and he's fifteen years old! It can happen."
"Thanks, George. You always make me feel better. Let's be happy for Camille. Poor girl. She couldn't hear a thing we said! I wonder if she's sleeping with her new mom tonight? Wow! Wouldn't that be great! I can't wait for a real home!"
"Okay, who wants to do the speech? Rudolph? Taffy? Astro? You want to do it, Henry? Okay, go for it!"
"Congratulations, Camille, on your new home! We'll miss you, but we are sooooooooo happy for you. Tell your new mom to give you lots of treats, and don't forget about us here!

Congratulations, Whitney, on your adoption of Camille! Thank you for
choosing a rescue cat Everyone is cheering for you and Camille!

No comments:

Post a Comment